ventilation

Stoves should not be used to heat your home and gas appliances should have adequate ventilation. (Photo: National Capitol Poison Center)

Breathe Easy

Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning On Jan. 4, a 13-year-old girl died and dozens of people were injured by carbon monoxide poisoning in Perth Amboy, N.J. Locally, nine people were hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure in mid-November when a three-story boardinghouse in the 500
Read More

Breathe Easier

Radon’s Link to Lung Cancer Each year, radon kills more people than home fires, drowning, falls or drunk driving. It takes some 21,000 lives annually and is the No. 1 cause of lung cancer in nonsmokers. Even though there are plenty of ways to decrease exposure to the
Read More