gas

Stoves should not be used to heat your home and gas appliances should have adequate ventilation. (Photo: National Capitol Poison Center)

Breathe Easy

Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning On Jan. 4, a 13-year-old girl died and dozens of people were injured by carbon monoxide poisoning in Perth Amboy, N.J. Locally, nine people were hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure in mid-November when a three-story boardinghouse in the 500
Read More

Carbon Monoxide

Warming Winter’s Chill Can Be Toxic When winter gets so cold for so long — as it has this year — it can be tempting to look for creative ways to heat things up. Whether that means bringing kerosene heaters indoors, grilling dinner on a camp stove in the kitchen when the power is
Read More