This year I am not waiting for the New Year to decide that I want to be leaner, lighter and healthier. My goal is to lose a few lb’s and get all the necessary nutrients my body needs.
Taking care of your health and body is a year round job and I for one hope to see a difference now that I am taking my daily dose of these new flavored flaxseed oils. So here’s my diet plan.
- Maintain my caloric intake at 1200 calories per day
- Weekly exercise including weights, cardio, yoga and tennis at least 4x a week.
- Daily dose of flaxseed oil from Royal Harvest available in banana, coconut, chocolate and caramel–I love to mix it in with my morning smoothies.
Flaxseed Health Benefits:
Preliminary studies show that flaxseed may help fight everything from heart disease and diabetes to breast cancer. Flaxseed was cultivated in Babylon as early as 3000 BC, according to the Flax Council of Canada. By the 8th century, King Charlemagne believed so strongly in the health benefits of flaxseed that he passed laws requiring his subjects to consume it.
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids, “good” fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
- Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75-800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
- Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
So get healthy and get your flax on =)
Vanessa Camozzi is the founder of DC on Heels.