Some Fun Food Finds
I love lists and I love appreciation. Growing up, my mom always challenged me to compliment people, places and things, but why does this sometimes seem so difficult to do? To combat that challenge, I’m going to present a list of all things that I appreciated at the turn of the month.
Here is a list of food-related items that made me smile during the month of May.
May food finds
- Finally, Connecticut sees the light on the importance of labeling food that contains genetically modified organisms. A milestone! And hopefully the first of many states to do so.
- A list of delicious, original Sangria recipes thanks to the New York Times.
- A WHOLE lot of Ghee at H Mart
- Discovering the Sea Salt Superstore website with an excellent assortment of salts — my delivery should be arriving soon!
- The Farm Bill … still working. Here’s a great breakdown of how the bill effects EVERYONE. Here’s an even better breakdown of how frustrating the bill is.
- Coke attempts Peace in the Middle East with special vending machines. I suppose if you’re going to drink all that sugar you may as well think good thoughts beforehand? I like it.
- My paper file at work
- New places opening up on H Street, such as this Vandetta, and this Sol Mexican Grill, and this one and this one…
- Not the first time I’ve seen these Brooklyn Slates, but the first time I purchased one. I matched this slate cheese board with these repurposed vintage silver-plate fork cheese markers for a bridal shower gift (and I think it beats the typical set of mixing bowls).
- A delicious Friday night at D.C.’s best Thai restaurant, Thai X-ing.
- A successful experiment with this vegan cornbread recipe.
What foods finds inspired you this month?