How to Choose a Moving Company
The first problem that any company that wants to change its location confronts is choosing moving company. A huge number of firms are engaged in transportation today. But how do you find real professionals?
What are the risks when choosing moving company?
Haulage, moving, cargo taxi — this is not a complete list of services that transport firms currently provide. By turning to professionals at movers.best, you save time because moving apartments or offices on average takes at least three days, while a moving company can help you do it in one day.
Don’t forget that there are unscrupulous moving companies out there. Among the many moving company advertisements, there are ads for unofficial carriers who are willing to help you move, providing offload and unload at a much lower price than official ones. But they:
- Are not responsible for your freight, so they won’t pay for damages;
- Don’t enter into formal contracts with customers, so don’t be surprised if the cost increases during transportation;
- Unofficial carriers cannot guarantee your property’s safety and integrity.
So think before hiring to an unofficial carrier. Potential losses can exceed seeming savings.
It is better to hire professional moving services. Big organizations are engaged not only in freight, but also in a number of related services, such as cargo handling, logistics, freight forwarding, insurance, disassembling, dismantling and packing of transported goods.
Tips for choosing the best company
Good moving companies will offer to enter into a contract in which all the terms of service will be listed.
Before signing a contract, consider the following factors:
- Experience is important. It is desirable for a company to have successfully operated in this market segment for no less than three years.
- Reviews. Look at recommendations, read reviews on the Internet, call the company and ask for references to call former customers about service quality.
- Availability of professional loaders is required. It is better if the carrier can offer a riggers team, specializing in over-sized cargo transportation such as a piano or antiques. It indicates a professional approach. Such firms should also have a logistics dispatcher.
- Inquire about the availability of specialized packing material and boxes, containers for packaging including reusable boxes. The possibility of solving packaging problems and comprehensive customer service is an indicator of the company’s seriousness and solidity.
- Usually, serious companies cooperate with insurers. In this situation, clients have a double benefit because insurance agencies work only with reliable companies, and such carriers can be trusted.
- The availability of specialized vehicles intended for complex and over-sized cargo transportation is an indicator of the carrier’s seriousness.
- Big organizations have an opportunity to accept both cash and cashless payments. Always look at the current price list, find out tariffs for services rendered and ask to get an estimate in advance, taking into account all the work.
- Carefully read the contract clauses before signing, and if possible consult a lawyer.
Article by Amélie Blanche