Collagen Crystal Spa Manicure
Last month I initiated my quest for the ultimate luxury spa manicure with an oxygen enriched manicure at Luigi Parasmo Salon Spa in Georgetown. This month, I sought to further hand beautification with their collagen crystal spa manicure. Spa manicures are a fabulous way to treat specific skin concerns on one’s hands, such as dryness, dark spots and aging, crêpey skin. Think of them as a facial for the hands. Oftentimes, we devote so much care to our faces, but neglect our hard-working digits.
Once again I booked an appointment with the amazing manicurist Marcela Ponce, who informed me that the collagen crystal manicure is one the salon’s most requested manicures. In this treatment, the standard spa manicure steps are followed with an application of a collagen-infused gel masque to the tops of the hands. The collagen and amino acid-rich gel is allowed to soak into the skin, to leave you with beautifully moisturized, rejuvenated hands.
The steps were as follows:
- Cleanse hands and remove polish.
- Deep cuticle nail treatment and nail soak with vitamin-enriched cuticle oil. Ponce then pushed back my cuticles, carefully trimmed any hangnails and filed my nails. This is the standard manicure portion of the treatment.
- Exfoliation scrub masque.
- Hand and arm massage with rich, vitamin and botanical extract-infused oil. Ponce expertly massaged acupressure points for extra relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Application of collagen crystal gel masque for 15 minutes. My hands were enclosed in plastic gloves and wrapped in soft towels. I could feel the serum warming up as the nutrients were absorbed in the skin. When Ponce removed the masque she massaged the gel deeper into my hands to further enhance the treatment benefits.
- Finally, Ponce applied the nail color of my choice (preceded by base coat and followed by a top coat, of course). She did a flawless job in shaping my nails. Tip: the curve of your nails should mirror the shape of your cuticles for an elegant, natural look. I like keeping my nails mid-length for versatility and function.
The collagen-crystal serum contains collagen (obviously!), amino acids and natural plant extracts that firm, tone and hydrate the epidermis and reduce age spots and fine lines. Immediately after the treatment my skin felt as smooth as a newborn babe’s bottom and had a youthful translucence. To my delight, the effects lingered throughout the day. This, Ponce explained, is the main reason for this spa manicure’s great popularity among salon patrons. The collagen crystal manicure is an excellent choice for those of us who wish to preserve the natural beauty of our hands.