February Food Loves
Love, as we all know, is around us. Here are a few food finds I’m loving this February:
- The Toki Underground pop up in Union Market. Okay, I’ve always been a fan of Toki Underground, but this, this is something different. In preparation for the opening of Maketto in April, Toki has been dishing out their incredibly delicious stews and bao every day. Each week features one new bowl starting each Wednesday. I’ve had about five bowls since October, and it is heavenly. Just get there early, they usually sell out around 4 p.m. (This week’s fish curry is perhaps the best thing I’ve ever had.)
- ScratchDC: I think this is the solution for all you bachelors out there. You place an order, and ScratchDC will deliver all of the ingredients and recipe to make a perfect meal. I must admit that I was quite impressed by someone who used this on me. No shame — it was delicious!
- Trader Joe’s price on coconut oil. You can get an entire 16 ounce jar for a whopping $5.99. Of course, Trader Joe’s prices are always pretty low. I’m not so sure I want to find out why, but this is a bargain I’m willing to travel to the West End for. (Not to mention, their cans of coconut milk are 99 cents, and I’m pretty sure that’s the cheapest in the District.)
- This Ambatalia utensil wrap from QuitoKeeto. Or, if you want something more reasonable, check out how to make one for yourself out of burlap.
- Jaleo’s new brunch menu looks INCREDIBLE.
- Bon Appetit’s Food Porn videos making me laugh out loud at my work desk.