Getting out of the 3 O’clock Slump
Stuck in a rut with snacks to get your through the 3 o’clock work slump? Here are a few additions to your lunch box — the key is keeping them high in protein, low in sugar (unless it’s from fruit), and you’ll be full until dinnertime. Enjoy working friends.
(How do you feel at 3pm? Realmofryan.blogspot.com)
- Dates stuffed with goat cheese: This delicious snack almost tastes like a cheesy Danish — but its sugar is all natural. You can find dates in the bulk section of Whole Foods or in the refrigerated section of Trader Joes (where they’re quite a deal!), remove the pit and add some goat cheese inside. You’ll only need about 2-3 to hold you over.
- Avocados: Who said you needed to make guacamole with all of your avocados? Dice up your avocado, add a bit of salt and a sprinkle of lime, and this loaded veggie will keep you full until dinner!
- Cashews, raisins and chocolate chips: I like making my own trail mix that includes lots of protein and healthy natural sugars, mix and match with your own nuts and dried fruit.
- Popcorn: One of my favorites! High in fiber and a quick way to fill up your belly.
- Cheese cubes and apples: I always like to bring a little bit of cheese in my lunch bag as an afternoon treat — feels like a decadent treat all to myself. Instead of buying pre-cubed or individual cheeses, opt for a large block of your favorite and cut costs by dividing it up yourself.