The Power of Presence
Editors at Marie Claire, the folks at LinkedIn and author Nicole Williams repeated an event so popular in New York they brought it to the Ann Taylor store in the nation’s capital. It was a “lean in,” dress for success type of pep talk complete with practical advice for those wanting to climb the career ladder fashionably.
- Some of the trends to incorporate this season: fit and flare, geometric shapes and leather trim.
- Recycle outfits by amping up the ante on accessories.
- Stand tall — in heels.
- Wear makeup, keep your hair in place and take care of your nails.
- Pro tip: Stalk the employees before an interview at the nearest coffee shop to get an idea to see if you’ll fit in.
- My two cents: invest in a good bag. The details matter.
Of course, it depends on your work environment. You can be a little more fashion-forward if say, you work at a magazine.
I love bold dresses paired with a tailored blazer and I always say put a little bit of a stamp of personal style on your outfit.
Fashion Editor Ko Im dreamed of becoming a designer as a child, but ended up becoming a broadcast journalist. In her free time, the island girl-turned-two-time Ivy Leaguer loves wearing sundresses and finding quality items at bargain prices