Summer Food Finds
July seems to come and go so quickly with the early holiday and summer obligations: weddings, getaways, birthdays and all things good. The last month has taken me up and down the East Coast, with very little cooking at home, which is good for one thing: summer food adventures. Here is a list of my favorite July food finds:
- The best bread in the district. I am in love with this bakery, they’re always incredibly friendly at each market. The Bread Ovens at Quail Creek Farm sell at these D.C. markets: Penn Quarter, White House, Arlington, Burke and Annapolis.
- Heaven, sweet, sweet heaven found in the form of chai espresso cupcake from the one and only Baked and Wired (my favorite cupcake joint in the District).
- Truckaroo at National’s stadium — how come it took me so long to find this? GO here on a Friday night — screw the game and just go for the great food. Last week I had bon mi and it was GOOD (chicken, especially). Happens monthly, next one is Aug. 16.
- Trickling Spring‘s flavor of the month at Union Market is MAPLE BACON.
- Speaking of Union Market, Buffalo Bergen‘s outdoor beer and drink stand, along with cornhole and Friday night drive-in movies.
- On my list to read: The Essential Good Food Guide just released by Margaret Wittenberg (one of the founders of Whole Foods): all the info about buying and preparing healthy and sustainable food.
- Taco Bell getting rid of their kids meals — about time!