Examine Yourself Before Looking for Mr. Right
You are your biggest enemy. Keep that in mind. Only you are in control of your thoughts and who you let into your heart. Don’t waste your time waiting around … waiting for your life to change, change your thoughts and your attitude.
Does this sound like you? You are filled with self doubt and constantly questioning yourself, your look, your worthieness!
Sometimes you are just overwhelmed with all these thoughts and people come up to you and say, you are such a great catch, how come you are still single?
What are you struggling with?
Well today I want to change your outlook about yourself and show you some patterns singles are struggeling with:
- Being too independent. You don’t want to give up too much for a relationship. If you don’t want to compromise too much but still be able to date, then look for an independent type of guy to date.
- Being too critical and judgmental. We all know first impressions are lasting. But if you constantly look at what he is wearing, how bad his hair looks today or if you like or don’t like his new sweater … there is way more to him then just his appearance. Try to look at more important things on the inside. Being smart or humorous is a very attractive attitude. So dig a little deeper then just the topcoat.
- Getting advice from the wrong sources. Singles who are in the same situation aren’t going to help you. Choose from different varieties. Go out with married couples, they might bring out something in you you’ll never expect. Explore different scenes with single friends. Just switch it up a bit more.
- Being a control freak. Are you a “my way or the highway” person? Does it always have to be your way? See if you’re guilty of that.
- Being too shy? Be prepared with some topics in mind before you go on a date. If you are nervous, you can even write them down and go through them on the Metro while you’re heading to the date. It will give you a guide and also you’ll be less nervous because you don’t have to think about what to talk about, you just keep going. You’ll see that you’ll be more confident and less shy.
- Being broke? You don’t have much money to spend? How can you go on a date without spending too much money? It’s probably just a temporary thing and she/he will understand. You can always pull out a good picnic in the park for cheep, and local art venues like the Kennedy Center here in D.C. have free shows.
- Being a workaholic?! It can take you away from your relationship opportunities. You feel like you don’t have time for socializing?! Well there is always a way. Set new boundaries and I promise you it will work.
- Being too desperate/needy?! Woman who are too desperate repel other people, that’s a fact. You have low self esteem, watch your body language.
- Still in love with the ex?! Can’t get the ex out of your head? Nobody wants to live in the shadow of the ex. Let it go, close the past before you dive into something new. Really important: find out what still makes you think about the ex, what is keeping you from moving on? Until you have figured or solved that issue, it will follow you into new relationships. And you will make the same mistakes over and over again. Learn from the past.
Now that we explored the most common patterns that most singles struggle with, let’s see how we can change your future dating.
Strategies on how to date successfully
1. Examine yourself
What do you believe in? Do you believe in yourself? Who do you want to be? What are you worth? What livens you up?
2) Don’t sell yourself short.
Ask yourself “Who am I committed to be before asking my partner to be commit to me?” Ask yourself first, before you let somebody else love you. Be your best before you go out into the dating jungle.
If you aren’t the person you want to be now, stop dating, because you have to be yourself before you go the next step.
3) Make your vision list.
Create a top 5 of what a man must have to make you happy or go on a date with you.
What you expect out of a date or even a relationship?
We would love to hear your thoughts or Stories.
Enjoy your weekend 😉