Sterling Vineyards Oscar’s® Seven Year Winner!
Sterling Vineyards, the landmark Napa winery, returns for their 7th year as the exclusive wines poured at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Governors Ball, the official party following the Oscars®, held yesterday. The wines, selected to complement Master chef Wolfgang Puck’s extraordinary menu, are the Sterling Vineyards 2007 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon as well as the very limited edition Sterling Vineyards 2009 Reserve Chardonnay. The evening’s pre-show reception will also feature wines from Sterling Vineyards.
According to Harry Hansen, Senior Winemaker for Sterling Vineyards, “The Reserve Cabernet shows notes of dark cherries, cassis, with hints of licorice, cocoa powder and black pepper. The Reserve Chardonnay offers aromas and flavors of toffee, nutmeg, baked apples and poached pears, touched with lingering notes of caramel and baking spice.” Each vintage or Reserve Chardonnay and Reserve Cabernet is produced in limited quantities and features the very best vineyard lots of that year.
Similarities between winemaking and moviemaking abound. Napa is a great story and the winemaker’s job, like any director’s, is to create a “Best Picture” with each vintage. The winemaker is the story teller…the vineyard, the script, with an epic cast of varietals and over 800 grapes per bottle. A bold, powerful and unforgettable wine reminds one of a “Best Actor or Actress,” while a wine that is steadfastly good, versatile and one you can always rely on is comparable to a “Best Supporting Actress or Actor.”
- 540 BOTTLES OF 2007 Sterling Vineyards Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon at Governors Ball
- 540 bottles 2009 Sterling Vineyards Reserve Chardonnay at Governors Ball
- 600 Sterling Vineyards Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon at Pre-Show Reception
- 600 Sterling Vineyards Napa Valley Chardonnay at Pre-Show
- 2,280 total bottles of Sterling Vineyards wine
- 13,680 total glasses of Sterling Vineyards wine
- 1,824,000 – number of premium Sterling grapes used to create spectacular wines for the Oscar® celebrations
This article was written by the guest author listed at the end of the article.