On Friday June 24, 2011 businesses, animal shelters and pet-care professionals from around the world will work together to better the lives of shelter dogs everywhere. Thousands of businesses will open their doors to employees’ furry, four-legged friends on this day in celebration of the great companions dogs make and to promote pet adoption.
“Take Your Dog To Work Day has grown by leaps and bounds since its inaugural celebration in 1999,” said PSI president Patti Moran. “We’ve found that once businesses experience the fun and goodwill of the event, they are eager to participate year after year.”
Pet Sitters International (PSI), event creator, offers four reasons why working with your dog on TYDTWDay can be a business savvy decision:
1. TYDTWDay offers a positive, unique opportunity to increase community involvement and establish new community ties. Businesses can partner with a local animal shelter, rescue group or humane organization to host aTYDTWDay event—and often garner local or national media coverage of their efforts as well.
2. Studies have shown that having dogs in the workplace increases productivity and creativity. Surveys also indicate that employees credit dogs in the workplace for decreased absenteeism and improved co-worker relationships and teamwork.
3. Participation in TYDTWDay is a fun, low-cost “pet perk” to offer employees. At a time when some businesses have been forced to cut jobs and decrease benefits, this simple event may boost employee morale and job satisfaction.
4. TYDTWDay is for a good cause—to promote pet adoption. This fun day of celebrating the great companion dogs make could encourage employees to adopt a new best friend of their own and raise awareness of local adoptable pets.
And here are a few other reasons–Oh and BTW you can vote for your favorite photo on http://takeyourdog.com. Just click on the photo gallery. Here are some of my faves!
And of course every office has one of these!
And we’ve all had days like Essie and Blue Anne Gray…
And who doesn’t love Noodle???
If you are a business who wants to get involved, or if YOU want to take your dog to work this Friday then visit this page.
Here is a list of the TOP 10 Pet Friendly Companies.
- Banfield, the Pet Hospital
- Diversified Technical Solutions
- Sur La Table
- Nature Conservancy
- Dartmouth College
- Roy Talman & Associates
Now I don’t personally have my own dog, but I just so happen to be dog sitting my favorite French Bull Dog “Wilbur” again this week. Wilbur requested a dog nap and a two hour lunch so I am going to have to run that by my boss. Ok see you at the office!
- Besos xoxoxo Vanessa