Choosing Lingerie to Suit Your Body Shape
Do you sometimes look at your body and feel that you can’t make it look sexy no matter what you do? Sadly, a lot of women feel this way, and they really don’t need to. There’s sexy lingerie out there to flatter people of all shapes and sizes — what matters is simply choosing what’s right for you.
Body image matters
Having a poor body image can be debilitating in many ways. Aside from making you unhappy, it can place you at increased risk of developing an eating disorder or long-term stress-related illness; it can even increase your risk of heart disease and stroke. What’s more, it can make you less sexy. Confidence is a lot of what makes people attractive, and it’s much easier to be impressed by somebody who likes herself.
Studies have shown that lesbian and bisexual women tend to have better body images than heterosexual women. It is believed that because they are attracted to different types of female body images themselves, they don’t rely on what the media tells them when deciding how their own bodies measure up. Films, TV and magazines may give the impression that only tall, slim women are sexy, but in reality, both women and men find all kinds of different bodies a turn on.
Making the most of your body
When you think about your body, you will probably be able to identify parts that you like and parts that you don’t like. The trick to looking good in lingerie is to flatter the former and distract from the latter. If a man is hypnotized by your amazing cleavage, he’s not going to notice your belly. Cleverly designed intimate apparel for plus sizes can also help larger women feel better about their bodies overall.
A style for every shape
No matter what shape your body is, there’s something that will flatter you:
- Large breasts — a bustier or medieval style corset can make large breasts look amazing, giving them plenty of support and getting plenty of attention.
- Large stomach — babydoll dresses and French knickers can help to conceal a large stomach while flattering overall body shape.
- Large buttocks — babydoll dresses and slips can emphasize curves in a sexy way while
support panties maintain a firm shape.
- Muscular frame — camisole tops or straight-cut bras paired with boy shorts or briefs can show off an athletic body at its best.
- Straight up and down — a Victorian style corset can bring in the waist, a push up bra can make the most of small breasts and frilly panties can add shape to the buttocks.
Despite what many people think, most lingerie shops in the DMV cater to plus size women. They understand that the average woman is not a size 4, so it’s simply good business to stock lots of different sizes — but what’s more, most people who go into lingerie design do so because they like making women feel good about their bodies. Why not treat yourself to something sexy and make the most of yours?
Article by Luke Stanfield