Make the Change
Making a drastic change on the most important day of your life is not recommended…but it is your choice. Changing your look so significantly before such a big event can be a big mistake. As a make-up artist with endless counts of bridal make-up application experience, I highly recommend at a minimum to try out your desired look before the big day. Instead, aim to look like your personal best. More polished and a bit enhanced.
1. Don’t tan before. Red skin on your wedding day is a no-no. Enough said.
2. Don’t get a facial before. Do this a week before at a minimum. You are not sure how your face will react to the services or chemicals.
3. Stay from sodium. This will cause excess water retention and bloating.
4. Don’t say up too late or drink too much the night before. No one likes a hangover on a good day. Could you image how you will feel trying to focus when you are stating your vows?
5. Don’t forget the waterproof mascara. Your wedding day can be very emotional. Who has time for black tears and runny make-up?
1. Hire a make-up artist. Get a trial day to test out your looks.
2. Use concealer.
3. Pick a lip color that will last and is easy to reapply. I do not recommend dark colors or reds just for the simple fact you will need to ensure the color stays in place. Plus, I am sure your handsome groom would not appreciate red smudges from kisses.
4. Hydrate. It is important for your skin, hair and well-being.
5. Choose a make-up and hair look that “enhance” your natural beauty not change your look.
Congrats! Enjoy your day and love every minute of it!
Beauty Editor / Owner of www.inkcosmetics.com