Fall in, troops! 2012 Fall trends are tending to be military inspired.
Some of you may be hesitant to go out in public looking like a solider going out to war; you may be asking “How do I make my military style a little more girly?”
Easy fix. Pair khakis with a colorful neck scarf. Want to wear bright red lips one day? Wear a navy beret.
Not such a big fan of the full out combat boots and brass buttoned trench coat? Navy pants with black booties, hair in a sleek bun and a white button up shirt shows this trend beautifully.
Want to amp up the military trend? A black bandeau, longer black trench coat, green belt on military green pants with Dr. Maarten boots and a black hat wont over-do it but will make you still look chic.
For makeup, all natural works perfectly so that your makeup and wonderful outfit do not battle each other for attention. A nude, clear, or baby pink lip gloss finishes this outfit making it look perfect.
Get this look by:
1. Applying a light foundation all over the face.
2. Using a wider shadow brush, pat on a creme colored matte shadow from the base of the lid to the brow.
3. Use a fluffy shadow brush to smudge in a taupe/brown matte shadow under the outer corners of the eyes blending downward under the lash line.
4. Fill in your brows with a matching brown shadow by lightly brushing the color in an angled brush.
5. Line your outer top lash line with a brown eyeliner and the bottom inner rim with a creme colored liner.
6. Using a wide blusher brush apply a peach toned blush/bronzer slightly under your cheekbones.
7. Line your lips with a tabasco colored liner and fill in the lip area. Top with a similar matte lipstick.
Complete the look by brushing your face with an oil control powder.
Celebrity Make-up Artista/Owner – www.inkcosmetics.com
Beauty editor for DC on Heels. Anna is a celebrity makeup artist/stylist, active duty air force member and owner of Ink Cosmetics. That’s right, she can karate kick chop you and apply your lashes at the same time. Follow her @inkcosmetics