SPRING into a new manicure regimen! Save a few $$ and do a basic manicure at home while watching your favorite TV Show or that rented movie you’ve been meaning to catch up on. No one should be seen with chipped polish and ragged hang-nails! Instead, get compliment-worthy hands at home!
1. Remove any old polish.
2. Trim and file nails to desired length.
3. Soak hands in a bowl of warm water for about 5 min. Add a little moisturizing soap to help soften nails.
4. Apply cuticle oil to soften.
5. Using a wooden nail stick push cuticles back then trip away.
6. Exfoliate hands with a home-made sugar scrub mixture. (Tip: Mix olive oil and sugar, scrub hands then wash away).
7. Dry hands and apply moisturize.
8. Now it’s time for the polish. We are loving the lemon limes, tangerines, and vibrant rose colors this Spring. Don’t be afraid to venture out! Try something different! Apply a base coat first, then apply two thin coats of polish and finish with a top coat.
Don’t have time? It will look better to take old chipped polish off and moisturize then leave it on.
No file on hand? Use the rough edge of a match book.
Keep polish in a cool, dry place, like the fridge. It’ll last longer.
Beauty editor for DC on Heels. Anna is a celebrity makeup artist/stylist, active duty air force member and owner of Ink Cosmetics. That’s right, she can karate kick chop you and apply your lashes at the same time. Follow her @inkcosmetics