Jennifer Lopez aka J-Lo has had an amazing career. As most know she starting in her earlier days as a dancer on In Living Color then moved on to become an award winning recording artist, ventured on the big screen on occasion and now she is featured as one of the American Idol judges. No matter where she lands her bootylicious bod, she sure turns heads. I am absolutely in love with her ability to reinvent herself with every look. I received a question this week asking…
Q. I love the look of having glowing healthy skin all year round. How do I get J-Lo’s satin, Latin dewy skin and perfect nude lip in the middle of winter?
A. You would be amazed how many times I am asked celebrity how-to questions. Specifically make-up questions about J-Lo. Well, with J-Lo’s appearance as a judge on American Idol last year and I must say she looked freaking HOT, who wouldn’t want her sexy dewy look? J-Lo made every make-up look seems flawless and wore it as an accessory. LOVED! Who says you can’t have this look as you watch the snowflakes fall outside your window?
Follow these easy steps for dewy skin:
1. Scuff off all those dry dead skin cells with an exfoliator every other week. This helps prep the skin and creates a smooth surface for your application.
2. Apply a moisturizer with sunscreen before your foundation to make your skin look brighter and smoother.
3. Apply your concealer and foundation as usual.
4. Add a drop of illuminating bronzer on your foundation brush and spread over your cheeks and forehead.
5. I like to add a little shimmer shadow mixed with moisturizer right above your cheek bones to act as a highlighter. Add just a little on the cupid’s bow of your lip to pop out your pucker.
Follow these easy steps for a sexy nude pout:
- Dab on a little concealer or lip primer over your lips.
- Line your lips with a flesh tone lip liner.
- Apply a complimenting lip gloss to finish the look. I love to change it up by using nude lip glosses with a pink or mauve hue to them.
Celebrity Makeup Artista – www.shopinkcosmetics.com
Beauty editor for DC on Heels. Anna is a celebrity makeup artist/stylist, active duty air force member and owner of Ink Cosmetics. That’s right, she can karate kick chop you and apply your lashes at the same time. Follow her @inkcosmetics