Congrats to Miss Angola Leila Lopes, the newly crowned Miss Universe 2011!
The 25-year-old beauty beat out more than 70 competitors from around the world to be crowned Miss Universe 2011 in Sao Paulo, Brazil on September 12, 2011 by 2010’s winner, Ximena Navarrete of Mexico (photographed crowning Lopes above).
And this glam shot from the Miss Universe organization proves that Ms. Lopes is not just a pretty face… she’s a smokin’ hot bod, as well.
So do you think you have what it takes to be a beauty queen? Here are some upcoming pageants that you can enter in and around the Washington Metro Area:
- Miss DC USA: Auditions usually take place in spring of each year. Click here for updates.
- Miss Maryland USA: October 28-30, 2011
- Ms. and Mrs. Corporate America Pageant: October 22, 2011
- International Junior Miss DC, MD, VA Pageants: November 2011
- Miss Teen Virginia International Pageant: December 3-4, 2011
Good luck and remember… it’s “Elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist. Touch your pearls and blow a kiss!” when you win and have to do that first beauty pageant wave to all of your adoring fans.