The 3rd Annual Newsbabes Bash for Breast Cancer is tonight!
The Newsbabes Bash for Breast Cancer is a kick-off event to the annual Susan G.Komen Race for the Cure on the National Mall. It began in 2009 when a group of friends who work in the TV news industry decided to get together for one cause.
In addition to the honorees mentioned above, special guests of Newsbabes include:
- Kathleen Sebelius, Sec. of Health & Human Services
- Georgetown Cupcake owners Sophie Lamontagne & Katherine Kallinis, TLC “DC Cupcakes”
- Grammy Award-winning Artist, Mya
- Komen Global Ambassador, Hadassah Lieberman, wife of Sen. Joe Lieberman
- Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), newly elected DNC Chairwoman
- Jonice Gray Tucker, daughter of Washington, DC’s Mayor Vincent Gray
This year’s pink cocktail affair takes place at The Fairmont on M Street NW from 6:30 to 8:30pm (ticket info here).