So I admit it. I’m a complete fan of chick lit. But the new book, “Kardashian Konfidential” penned by reality TV’s highest paid sisters Kourtney, Kim and Khloe takes it to an entirely differently level! You might as well just call it “Keeping Up With The Kardashians: The Picture Book.”
While flipping through the photo heavy autobiography (which is a super easy read), there was one page that completely caught me off guard. It was called, “How to Wax Yourself.”
I was like, ‘OK, so now K.K. is an esthetician?’ But then I remembered that episode when Kourtney gave Khloe a Va–J–J waxing and it all seemed to make sense…
Marie Claire magazine also offers the following “DOs” and “DON’Ts” for gals interested in at-home waxing:
1. DO start with the legs if you’ve never given yourself a wax before (more here).
2. DON’T attempt a Brazilian wax by yourself.
3. DO apply tooth numbing cream in the area you plan to wax about half an hour prior.
4. DON’T moisturize right before the wax.
5. DO soak up moisture with baby powder, which will allow the wax to adhere to your hair better.
6. DON’T pull at the hair every which way. Make sure you’re pulling the wax strip against the grain of hair growth.
7. DO exfoliate and moisturize after waxing to smooth skin and to remove any wax residue.
8. DON’T go over the same area more than three times — you will irritate the skin and increase your odds of ingrown hairs.