What We Know About CBD for Pets
The sounds of those little paws strolling along the tiles, the panting of breath from a furball who has just come back from a wonderful marathon in the woods with your husband and the clump of hair you find on the kitchen floor that resembles your pup, pre-run. These are the moments we cherish, look for and miss the most when they are gone.
The last thing we want is to have to say our goodbyes to our furry family members before their time, but if pains, ailments and illness seem to prevail, what are we to do? Well, if you have been hearing the significantly increasing success stories of people who are trying a naturally produced plant to treat issues, then CBD oil is most likely to spring to mind.
To find out more about this green-leafed plant given to us by Mother Nature herself you can read here and see its interesting origins, history and medicinal benefits, some of which we will discuss later in this article.
Various studies and reports have shown great benefits and advantages from adding this into the diets of not only people but animals, issues have slowed down to the bare minimum if they haven’t stopped completely and the overall well-being of the person and animal has exuded positivity and good morale.
5 benefits of CBD for your pet & why you should use it
We all know modern medicines have their levels of success, some more than others, and it is undoubtedly determined by the individual and the make-up of their body. We are also aware that these products are pumped full and some completely made up of chemicals and harmful toxins. Why would anyone want to put that into their body?
Then, add into the mix your beloved pet who cannot communicate any discomfort or sickness, and it is a disaster waiting to happen. Going the organic route is not only environmentally safer due to the farmers not using harmful pesticides, but is better for our bodies and how it digests and breaks down the product.
- Anxiety relief: Managing and controlling the firing of neurons in the brain can help keep levels constant as opposed to erratic and causing an imbalance, resulting in a stress spike and giving pets a difficult time when trying to cope in a less than ideal situation.
- Epilepsy: Yes, dogs also get seizures and have fits. With their all-round well-being managed by a regular dose of CBD, these seizures are significantly reduced and in an increasing number of cases, they stopped altogether. These convulsions aren’t usually remembered by the pet, but the after-effects can be detrimental mentally.
- Joint stiffness: When the bodily systems are regulated to maintain homeostasis there are fewer flare-ups, less inflammation in joints and muscles, decreased pain and your pets’ mobility will increase.
- Increase in appetite: Not feeling well can put anyone off food, animals included. We don’t want to sit around the table and eat a full meal when the pain we are feeling is unbearable. So with this element out of the equation for our furball, their appetite will soon have them eating you out of house and home.
- Cancer aid: Preventing the growth of the proteins that cancer tumors thrive on can stop the growth and development of these horrid tumors and allow your dog to live a long, full life.
While all pet owners, and especially vets, don’t always agree on which method is best to treat an animal, going with your gut is one way to make a decision. You can always take a minute to read this article for an in-depth look at things to consider before administering CBD oil for your pet.
Factors to consider before giving your dog CBD oil
There has always been the saying “if it’s too good to be true it probably is.” This goes the same for purchasing products online, and even more so if it is something new you are trying out. The price may seem appealing, but cheap doesn’t necessarily mean better. Neither does over-priced, so shop around and look for one that is average range and not going to break the bank.
Like with all products, any uncertainty can easily be resolved with a bit of research. Look into manufacturer websites, the processes they use and if their products are being ethically farmed. A great way to seal the deal on a decision is to read customer reviews. We all know people like to have a moan and let the world know about it.
A reputable company and brand will have no problem advertising customer reviews and comments on their website if their product is one of quality. For more information on CBD products check out holistapet to see the range of treats, edibles or oils available.
Keep tabs on your pets’ changes, if any, and write them down for reference. Document the start date of your administering and keep a diary of sorts to note any details that you notice, no matter how small or big and whether they are positively or negatively affecting their life.
No matter the reason you opt to give your pet this oil, perhaps you have tried everything with no change for the better, the fact that you are doing something is a step in the right direction in taking care of the one part of your life that has unconditional love no matter what.