Yoga Mat Buying Guide: 5 Models for 2018
How do you choose the right yoga mat from the thousands on the market?
There are so many different kinds of yoga equipment out there that it is almost impossible to point out something really worthy and qualitative, especially for a beginner yogi. In fact, it is difficult even for an experienced yoga trainer to name a couple of good mats immediately. The problem is not about the knowledge of the market, but about the new models that appear every season. That is why we have monitored the yoga equipment market and decided to present only the best options you might want to get for your meditation and yoga courses. In addition to listing the top five yoga mats for 2018, we are going to explain the main principles of choosing a qualitty mat in general.
So, let’s get started.
How to pick a mat
Yoga equipment differs in brand, texture, material, thickness, size, color, etc. This makes it even more difficult to know which one to get. We are going to highlight the few key features you want to look for when searching for the right mat. So, what makes a mat unique?
- Durability: This is the first thing to look for. You don’t want to change your mat every season. But what do we mean by durability? A mat should be thick enough to handle yoga practices every day. The highest quality models are those that allow wearing shoes when exercising on them.
- Closed-cell technology: Yoga mats with closed-cell technology don’t absorb your sweat or any other moisture during a practice process.
- Cork technology: Cork mats are a new trend on the market. Such models are made out of recycled cork on the top and recycled rubber on the bottom. So, it is an eco-friendly model. And it is a great choice for hot yoga.
- Size: Choosing the right size is extremely important for the flow of your yoga practice. If a mat is too small, you won’t be able to practice properly without the mat slipping around. So, if you are a tall person, pick bigger models.
And now, let us look at the best models presented on the market in 2018.
- Manduka Mat Pro
- Liforme Yoga Mat
- Wai Lana Yoga and Pilates
- Jade Harmony
- Gaiam Premium Print
Hopefully, this information has helped you to decide what you need, narrowing down the selection of really great yoga mat models for 2018. Even if you are new to yoga, spend some time to research and decide which model you need. And remember, investing in a quality mat is a good idea if you are planning to practice yoga on a daily basis, as it influences how comfortable your classes will be. In general, your choice depends on your budget, level of yoga experience and the type of yoga that you are going to do.
Article by Hillary Walker
This article was written by the guest author listed at the end of the article.