Easy Guide to Writing a 5-Paragraph Essay
All students, current and former, know pretty well what an essay writing assignment means. This is a quite durable and difficult part of the compulsory education program of any educational institution. For some, this kind of assignment is not that difficult. Nevertheless, most students would probably disagree.
The authors from paidpapers.com know that too. They have faced this challenge as students and, they still face it each day due to the nature of their work. The years of experience made them ready for any issue that can arise while completing this essential piece of writing. They want to share their rich and successful experience with students to comfort them and teach how to cope with this academic task.
Write your essay without complications
Commonly, you will be assigned the standard five-paragraph essays. The best method to write them properly is to learn the general recommendations about how to complete them, as well as the common mistakes, which you should avoid.
First, it is necessary to learn the proper way to write essays. Follow these steps:
- The selection of a topic. You will have an advantage if you are allowed to choose the topic yourself. You can pick up an interesting subject, which you can easily write about. You will be motivated and shine with enthusiasm.
- Finding informative sources. You should decide whether the sources used in your assignment can be trusted and suit your major objectives. You will need proof and evidence. Your facts should be official and efficacious.
- Create an outline. Have a decent plan. It will tell you what to do. You will see the plan of action for each stage. This will reduce the possibility of failure and will save your precious time. Construct the plan relying on your major objectives and the gathered sources.
- The introduction. The start is of great importance. This is a short one-paragraph section, which has one essential goal – get the audience’s attention. Accordingly, it ought to be catchy and intriguing. Capture the reader’s interest with essential and intriguing data. Mention the goal of your research and why it is essential. Try to be creative. Don’t start with common and boring statements.
- The main plot. The main plot requires three paragraphs. You should include in these parts the main information. After the initial sentence, introduce the thesis statement. It should be informative, captivating and straight to the point. It should reflect your main idea. Afterward, develop your argument. Use dependable facts and some effective samples. Your methods should be effective and convincing.
- The conclusion. The defining part of your essay is a sort of the self-rewrite. You are supposed to retell the whole story in other words. Draw the necessary conclusions by introducing the proper summarization. Report whether you have reached the needed results and what are some unanswered issues. Do not be afraid to say that you could not answer some sub-questions. Say that you will answer them in the future works. This section consists of a single paragraph.
Remember that you are supposed to be persuasive and consistent. All sections should go one after another in a logical way. You may use such words like moreover, in fact, on the whole, furthermore, as a result and others to unite all sections and begin the next chapter.
Remember the things you should not do
Even if you fulfill each point properly, everything may be in vain if making some mistakes. There are definite things that you should avoid doing. Otherwise, you will lose points.
Many students make a real mess out of the structure. Some write two paragraphs instead of in the introduction. Others write the thesis statement too early or make similar mistakes. The proper structure has been illustrated and described right above.
Some seem to ignore all rules of grammar, spelling and punctuation. You should pay attention to these significant points. Check them on your own, with the help your friends or special programs.
Don’t forget about the style. You should write each assignment following certain and strict demands. The matter of references is especially essential in this situation.
Pay attention to the length of your text. There are limitations as well. Additionally, consider the language you choose. Choose the proper vocabulary.
Consider all of these points and complete each of them properly. If you do, you will get the highest grades to meet your academic objectives.
Article by Amélie Blanche