How to Sell Used Clothes Online Without eBay or Craigslist
When it comes to selling things online, eBay and Craigslist are some of the platforms that immediately come to mind. Being giants in their field, it is guaranteed that they always have a steady flux of traffic. However, having a lot of online visitors doesn’t mean it is the best place to sell certain items – especially when you want to get rid of used clothes. Below are several other sites that will aid you in selling clothes. Whether it is that lovely floral dress you copped in Thailand or posh designer heels you never seem to use, there are sites tailored to sell particular accessories and pieces of clothing.
- Amazon – Amazon is an online marketplace with an enormous user base. Starting solely as an online bookstore, it has reached new heights of success and now offers millions of different products. Unlike eBay, it isn’t an auction house and it follows a traditional retail setup.
- Bonanza – Bonanza is a platform that is fairly new to the e-commerce scene compared to giants like eBay and Amazon. Even if it has a smaller user base, it is doing quite well and is one of the best platforms to auctioning unique and quirky items.
- eBid – eBid is a lower-cost alternative to the bigger sites. It does not charge listing fees and features a low 3 percent commission charge per sale, making it a low-risk platform to try out. If you are adept at generating traffic, this site can be a lucrative option.
- Etsy – Etsy is an online marketplace designed for sellers of handmade merchandise, craft-related resources or vintage items. It is a niche-specific market that has a lot of potential if your products are unique. With over 26.1 million active buyers, it was voted top pick for profitability just after titans eBay and Amazon.
- TheRealReal – This site is a luxury consignment marketplace that targets high-end buyers. It showcases luxury goods from top designers such as Chanel, Gucci and Christian Louboutin. All items are inspected and authenticated by an in-house team of experts. The site also boasts to have over 4 million members, making it an excellent platform for selling high-end merchandise.
- Poshmark – Poshmark integrates Instagram-like features with the marketplace. With a follower and follow feature, users can interact with each other through a social media-like manner. Like TheRealReal, it showcases higher-end products.
Your own website
Setting up an online clothing shop is another way to sell your used clothes. This is the best method to build your business with a long-term goal in mind. You have complete control over the items in your site, allowing you to design it just the way you want – it is yours. Knowing how to direct traffic to your site also plays a big part in its success. When you have a steady flow of visitors, you won’t have to worry about competition.
Article by Zainab Sheikh