Speed Dating Is a Fun Way to Meet Singles
Speed dating is a possible matchmaker. It is set up to meet a large number of new people in a short time. Origianally, speed dating was created by Rabbi Yaacov Deyo and had the purpose of helping Jewish singles meet and marry.
You will have the chance to “date” all different types of men. Some you are really attracted to, and some you might not normally talk to in a club or wouldn’t look at in the streets or at a bar. But doesn’t that make it interesting? Participants can come alone without feeling out of place; as a matter of fact. it is a fun event and you can even bring your friends along. I’m sure they will have a good time.
How does it work?
Men and women rotate to meet each other over a series of short 3 to 5 minute “dates.” Why the 3-5 minute rule? It ensures that you won’t be stuck with a non-match for very long.
At the end of every turn, the organizer rings a bell to signal the participants to move on to the next date. During your dates, you make first judgements of whether or not you like the person in front of you. If you do like someone and you think It may be a possible match, write down the name. The matching itself happens after the event, so people do not feel pressured to select or reject each other in person.
Now the best part: At the end of the event you give the list with the names you liked to the speed dating host, and if you have a match, they will give out the contact information to both parties. (This includes last name, telephone number and email address.)
Speed dating is fun, it’s fast and most importantly, it’s safe.
Speed dating tips
- Make a good first impression.
- Play it safe! Don’t give out any personal information during your speed dates.
- Give clear signals.
- Judge it! Make judgements if you and the date would be a possible match during the progress of the speed dates.
- Laugh and the world laughs with you. People love being around charismatic people because they spread good feelings.
- Like your mother said, if you cant say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. It’s inavitable that some of the people you meet will not be right for you, but they are human beings and deserve your respect and courtesy.
- Dress up! This is a dating event after all.
- A stylish cocktail dress is always a great look for a date.
- If pants are more your look, then add flair with a glamorous top.
- But most importantly, choose an outfit that makes you feel confident and sexy.
Last, but not least, here are some fun but interesting questions, just in case you get off course.
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- How would your friends describe you?
- Where are you from originally?
- What is your dream job?
- What did you do last weekend?
- What is the last movie you watched in the theater?
- What are the most important things you are looking for in a person?
- Are you more of a city or country person?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What kind of music do you like?
- What three things would you take with you to a deserted island?
- If you have friends coming for supper, what would you serve?
- What color best describes your personality?
- What is your favorite movie? And actor/actress?
- Are you a night owl or an early bird?
- If you could be someone else for a day, who would you want to be?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favorite takeout meal?
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
- What time in history would you like to have be born in and why?
- What would be the title of your biography?
- If you could be granted three wishes, what would they be?
- Do you prefer exploring or lying on the beach?
Check out the meetup.com website for free speed dating events. Maybe its time to give that one a try?!